Proposed KCOBA Constitution Amendments at the 2017 Annual General Meeting
*CREATION OF THE POSITION OF DEPUTY PRESIDENT*
1) There shall be the position of “Deputy President “. The Deputy President shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and shall undertake such duties as the President may from time to time delegate to him.
(1) There shall be the position of “KCOBA Envoy”, who shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) alongside other members of the Executive Committee and shall be entrusted with the founding, development and growth of and liaison with all branches of the KCOBA outside the territory of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
2) The KCOBA Envoy will be a well-travelled Old Boy who can include his KCOBA duties in his normal itinerary without recourse to the Association for relief except in special circumstances.
3) The Envoy shall undertake such other duties as the President may from time to time delegate or assign to him.
*CODE OF CONDUCT *
The National Executive Committee shall have power from time to time to prescribe a written Code of Conduct for all members of the Association. Such Code(s) of Conduct shall become effective upon a resolution passed by a simple majority of the National Executive Committee at a meeting duly convened and after same shall have been communicated to members via electronic mail and by means of publication on the Association’s website. The National Executive Committee shall have power to amend the Code of Conduct for the time being in force and any such amendments shall become effective in the same manner specified in this article for prescribing a Code of Conduct.
*CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS AND THE 7-DAY RULE *
Where a constitutional amendment which creates (a) new position(s) is passed at the Annual General Meeting of a particular year, the rule that requires a 7 day notice of intent to vie for such newly created position(s) shall not apply with regard to elections to fill such newly created positions during the same Annual General Meeting at which such constitutional amendment was passed and eligible candidates for such newly created position(s) may be nominated and voted for by eligible members present at the said Annual General Meeting.
*CREATION OF THE POSITION OF LEGAL ADVISER*
1) There shall be the position of “Legal Adviser “. The Legal Adviser shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and shall be a Legal Practitioner of not less than 10 years post call to the bar in the Federal Republic of Nigeria and in good standing with the regulatory authorities of the Legal profession, for the time being, in Nigeria.
2) The Legal Adviser shall provide effective and timely legal advice to the KCOBA through the Executive Committee on all legal matters and laws that impact, or may impact, on King’s College and on the KCOBA.
3) The Legal Adviser shall also assist in the anticipation, identification and management of legal risks to the Association and shall undertake such other duties as the President may from time to time delegate or assign to him.